Monday, July 23, 2012

Jul-Aug SOAP


I am really excited that we are entering another 40 days of S.O.A.P.
Here is my S.O.A.P for yesterday: 
Psalm 19
Title - Fear of the Lord

Scripture
The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever. 
The ordinances of the Lord are sure
and altogether righteous. (Psalm 19:9 NIV84)

Observation 
The fear of the Lord is the cleanest, purest form of fear. It is fear without tyranny or coercion; it's the awe when you are in the weighty presence of God. We are created for a healthy longing for the unknown and uncontrollable mystery of God. The reward of those who walk in reverent fear of the Lord is revelation of our identity in Christ. We will even receive strengthening through angelic visitation (Ps 34:7). When we walk in reverent fear of God, following his commandment is so much easier, so much more desirable.

Application
When all my reverent worship is towards God, I will have no other fear. I am so secure in my sonship in Christ.

Prayer
God,

Release your Spirit of the fear of the Lord and the Spirit of Knowledge on me.
Thank you God that when I revere you, I have no other fear!

Uncle Henry

0 comments:

Post a Comment