Wednesday, June 27, 2012

S.O.A.P - Philemon


Title - Ministry of Reconciliation

Scripture
10 I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose father I became in my imprisonment.
17 So if you consider me your partner, receive him as you would receive me.
18 If he has wronged you at all, or owes you anything, charge that to my account.

Observation
Just like God restoring us through Christ to call him Father, Paul became father to Onesimus. (1Cor 4:15 - For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father.)

Paul was able to see the Lord's intention in this situation. He knows that he is entrusted with a ministry of reconciliation - to restore broken relationship. He calls for Philemon to love Onesimus as brother because of their new relationship in Christ.

Application
Instead of bashing our brothers, breaking relationship, battling each other over misunderstanding - ask God for discernment what He wants in a situation.

Prayer
Father God, make my heart big, so big that it can cover the mistakes and failures of others. Let my life be a ministry of reconciliation, empower me with Your Spirit to reopen communication, reverse misunderstanding and restore broken relationship.

Uncle Henry

0 comments:

Post a Comment