Thursday, October 7, 2010

TMT 2010 Dec


Jesus never meant for miracles to be an end in themselves but rather an invitation into a superior kingdom, a catalyst to cultural transformation. Jesus told the city of Capernaum, "if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day” (Matthew 11:23). To the cities of Chorazin and Bethsaida he said, "if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes” (Matthew 11:21). Our Lord’s message is clear; the most important manifestations of miracles are a world in revival. –Kris Vallotton

A Miracle 6 years in the making…..
On my first mission trip, I made a very good friend Pui. She would come to every English club and every session we had at the local church. We exchanged phone numbers and addresses so that we can to write to each other. Due to the lack of a better alternative in an attempt to make this short lived friendship last longer (because TMT usually lasts not more than 2 weeks), we soon lost contact. Some months passed. Some years went by too, the letters just stopped. I did get the occasional phone call from her but because it is so costly, it just never seemed sufficient. 

The next part was related to me by YingQi, a good friend of Pui. Just a few nights ago, Pui was surfing the net and decided to google Thachang church. That to me sounds really funny, why would someone google a church that would quite likely not have any website? I guess she missed her friends, home, family and the list goes on because she’s studying and working at the same time in Bangkok. She stumbled upon a photo posted at least 6 to 7 years ago and went on to search for us on Facebook. YingQi having a unique name saw the Facebook search and really quickly, Pui found many of the trippers and myself. Because of this God-inspired event, I got to talk to Pui for a good 30 minutes before we all had to sleep at 2am.

The greatest miracle happened to me because I was asking God to send me a big-big encouragement for me to go for the coming YAYA TMT 2010. 

TMT is as much as us going to bring the gospel message to the Thai people, it is also a time where we see God for our own faith and to express God’s love to others. 

Time to go? Sign up with Uncle Henry, Auntie Carol, or Uncle Cheng Kie.

God is definitely creative!

I found joy,
Clarence. (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment